Tongue Twisters is a fun way to learn English language. It’s very hard to say tongue twisters and you might need some time to learn to they them correctly. They teach you how to pronunciate the words correctly.
1. Sunshine city, sunshine city, sunshine city, …
2. The batter with the butter is the batter that is better!
3. How many yaks could a yak pack pack if a yak pack could pack yaks?
4. Twelve twins twirled twelve twigs.
5. One smart man, he felt smart.
Two smart men, they both felt smart.
Three smart men, they all felt smart.
6. If you stick a stock of liquor in your locker
it is slick to stick a lock upon your stock
or some joker who is slicker
is going to trick you of your liquor
if you fail to lock your liquor with a lock.
7. Clowns grow glowing crowns.
8. Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager
imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
9. Sister Suzie sewing shirts for soldiers
Such skill as sewing shirts
Our shy young sister Suzie shows
Some soldiers send epistles
Say they’d rather sleep in thistles
Than the saucy, soft short shirts for soldiers Sister Suzie sews.
10. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
11. Richard’s wretched ratchet wrench.
Rubber baby buggy bumpers.
12. Betty Botter bought some butter but, said she, the butter’s bitter.
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better.
So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter,
put it in her bitter batter, made her bitter batter better.
So ’twas better Betty Botter bought some better butter.
13. A box of biscuits,
a box of mixed biscuits,
and a biscuit mixer.
14. When a doctor doctors a doctor,
does the doctor doing the doctoring
doctor as the doctor being doctored wants to be doctored or
does the doctor doing the doctoring doctor as he wants to doctor?
15. If two witches would watch two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
16. The soldier’s shoulder surely hurts!
17. She sees seas slapping shores.
18. Six sick sea-serpents swam the seven seas.
19. Betty bought some butter,
but the butter Betty bought was bitter,
so Betty bought some better butter,
and the better butter Betty bought
was better than the bitter butter Betty bought before!
20. I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit, and on that slitted sheet I sit.
21. I’m not the fig plucker,
nor the fig pluckers’ son,
but I’ll pluck figs
Till the fig plucker comes.
22. One black beetle bled only black blood, the other black beetle bled blue.
23. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck
if a wooodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck could chuck as much wood
as a woodchuck would chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
24. I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought
I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought,
I wouldn’t have thought so much.
25. To begin to toboggan first, buy a toboggan.
But do not buy too big a toboggan!
Too big a toboggan is too big a toboggan to buy to begin to toboggan.
26. Six stick shifts stuck shut.
If you want to learn more tongue twisters, check out an article I wrote sometime before.